Friday, February 11, 2011

OK, OK, OK...the new house...

I am going to show several before pictures...and I wish I could say there are a lot of after pictures, but there aren't a lot yet.  The after pictures I have now, are really just working pictures...as nothing is finished.  Here we go!

The Kitchen:


I don't know if you can tell that the counters and backsplash are a hideous lovely turquoise blue color?


We have original 1965 matching brown appliances: double wall ovens (which is awesome even if they're brown), dishwasher and electric coil pushbutton range.


This is the room off the kitchen.  There is a wall separating the two rooms that I would like to eventually remove.  The potential is totally there for an open floor plan.

You can't tell from this picture, but the staircase is rounded, and the wrought iron railing is AWESOME!!!  It has a black finish with turquoise rub, which is amazing!  One of the first things I noticed when I walked in the front door, at which time, without seeing anything else, I decided I must have this house.

This is the reverse view from the picture above.  I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs looking through the entryway vestibule (sounds much more grown up) into the front room.


The two pictures above are of the powder room off the entry.  Technically next to the "Mother In Law's Suite" that is shown below.  We plan to use it as an office until the girls are grown, at which time we might use it as a master suite.


Don't you love the wallpaper?  There is wallpaper on almost every wall on the main floor.  Luckily the only rooms upstairs with wallpaper are the bathrooms and master bedroom. 


Built In shelves in the dining room.  They sure loved yellow, I don't know if you can tell, but the glass in the doors is yellow.  Did you notice the wallpaper in the picture above?

Ollie's Room

Harper's Room

Master Bedroom

Master Bathroom



4th Bedroom Upstairs...not sure what we will do with it.

Hall Bathroom (Girls' Bathroom)

So there you go.  That's a decent look at the first and second floors in the before stage.  I didn't want to overwhelm you with the basement, that's waaaay down the road at this point, but this is our forever house (if there is such a thing) and we plan to take it slow and easy. Which is easier said than done, but when the wallet's empty, it helps slow you down...  Oh did I mention there is a pool in the backyard?  I'm in heaven, albeit 1965 heaven!

I hope you will follow our progress!





No comments:

Blogging tips