Saturday, February 12, 2011

What the? An Award?!!!

So, I have 3 followers...woot woot, just a newbie blogger, but my dear sweet friend Shelley gives me a shout out...totally undeserved - but I'll take it!  She awarded me with the Versatile Blogger Award...whatever!? :)
I would like to thank Shelley from The Westerman Family for passing the award on to me! Make sure to check out her blog!




RULES OF THE AWARD

1. Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them in your post

2. Tell 7 random facts about yourself

3. Pass the award on to 15 new found bloggers

4. Contact each blogger you want to pass the award on to and let them know you've done so, and let the giver of your award know you accept it.





SEVEN THINGS ABOUT ME

1. When I see things that might make others feel faint...you know, someone hanging off a ledge, or someone cuts their finger...my FEET feel heavy.  Weird, huh?!  It's like all the blood rushes to my feet!

2. I love shooting shotguns (skeet)  with my dad and brothers.  I even have my own shotgun!

3. I have a weird bone that sticks out on my heal, which my husband refers to as my due claw (like on a dog - no idea how to spell it). Nice, huh?

4. My hubby does most of the cleaning, because I REALLY hate to clean.  He complained so much about the way I did it that it became his job.

5. I have an English Literature degree, yet work in banking - go figure!?

6. I cry every time I hear the song "Proud to be an American" by Lee Greenwood.

7. I  feel like the worst mother in the world most of the time!  (Even though I'm sure I'm not, I have major insecurities about the way I am as a mom!)



15 NEW BLOGS (some are just new to me)

1. A Penny Saved

2. All Things Thrifty

3. Beautiful Inspirations

4. Beneath My Heart

5. DECK out my HOME

6. Everything LEB

7. Finding Fabulous

8. Give a Hoot (After but Before)

9. It's the Little Things that Make a House a Home

10. Our Suburban Cottage

11. Paint In My Hair

12. Pink and Polka Dot

13. Pretty Handy Girl

14. The Hand Me Down House

15. Thrifty Decor Chick





Thanks to everyone out there in Blog Land for all of the awesome inspiration!

3 comments:

The Mom said...

I found you via Gus and Lula! Cute blog and love your design. I have a question: how did you get the "picture frames" over on the sidebar. I have looked through blogspot.com and cannot figure out how to do this. Admittedly, I am not as tech savvy as you younger women, but I am still not too old to learn new tricks. Would appreciate any help! email: kswstoryteller@comcast.net Oh, and would love to have you stop by and browse around! Blessings!

Shelley said...

Ahhhh hahahaha!!! I love that you mentioned the dew claw :D

Kari @ Beautiful Inspirations said...

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for including me in your award!

Have a great weekend :)

Kari

Blogging tips