Saturday, March 5, 2011

New Project

On New Year's Eve there was an estate sale at Sam Zelman's Clothing Store. The store was in Old Town and was open for like 70 years.  It hadn't been open for several years, but until it closed the gal that ran it walked every day from her house in College Hill.  She was a Hollocaust survivor, and an amazing woman.  When she was no longer able to walk to the store, it was time to close 'er down.  Anyway, they had an estate sale and I stopped in.  There was a cute dresser and armoir that I was interested in.  I left a bid and what do you know, I won them.  Ollie is desperately in need of some furniture and these two pieces would be the perfect addition to her room, of course, after I paint them white.

As I'm new to blogging, I didn't remember to take a before picture, but I do have a sanded before picture.  There is a mirror, but it was obviously removed before I took the pictures.

Dresser Before: 


 Armoir Before:

I think they will look sooo cute in her room!  I have the room painted a pretty pink color and the Hubs is working on putting the painted closet doors back on, but let's just say they are going to need some major touch ups after that installation!  Thanks Babe!  (To his credit, all the doors are solid wood and probably weigh 75lbs each.)

Anyway, I will post primed pictures next and will hopefully get to paint them one of these days when the weather is warmer.  I rolled on the primer, but think I want to spray paint them a glossy white, so it needs to warm up.  So updates coming soon!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh Katherine, those are really cool!

Screaming Meme said...

What a great piece! Hi, Im Meme from Screaming Meme...I want to personally invite you to my blog. I am having a Chalk Paint giveaway...I hope you get a chance to stop by and catch it out! Meme

Blogging tips