Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Slow Progress

So we've been in our house for about 4 1/2 weeks, a week of which the Big Guy was gone on a business trip.  Is it wrong that some rooms still look like we just got here?  The family room and the kitchen are pretty much set up, the bedrooms are coming along...but I just can't stay motivated to finish ANYTHING... What's my problem!?

Dining Room Before
Dining Room After

OK, so it doesn't look that different...I hate that little cubby in the wall.  The shelves aren't wide enough or tall enough to actually hold anything that I collect.  Please offer suggestions as to what you would do with it if it was yours.  Yes, I hate the wallpaper, but if I start on another room without actually finishing it, the Big Guy might come unglued.

Family Room Before
Family Rooom After

Family Room After

So this room looks at least homier...but still chaotic.  I find that I sit in various rooms and stare at things that should be hanging on the wall - wondering where in the heck they should go.  I haven't found the proper "home" for everything anything yet, which is what keeps bothering me.  Eventually the above room will get a complete makeover.  I want to paint the paneling white, and the bookshelves a combination of white and black...see I have this great idea to update the kitchen cabinets, which is why the bookshelves will be black.  They will mirror the other end of the room where the kitchen is...of course that's also once we tear out the wall between the kitchen and family room.  So many plans, so little money!

Above I mentioned that the Big Guy was out of town for a week during the moving chaos.  He went to London on business and stopped at Harrod's where he picked each of the girls up a stuffed puppy (since they'll never have a real one - story for another day), and Ollie couldn't put it down.  I went up to check on her and see what I found. 

Is that not precious...


1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sweet Ollie! I need to get over there and see everything! I really like that your dining room table is on a diagonal, looks good :D

Blogging tips