Thursday, June 30, 2011

Changing Table to Sassy Drink/Food Server...

So once I stopped stressing about all the projects I had to do, I picked one to tackle and dove in!  I ordered the super expensive Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint from a source in Texas, in Anthibes Green.  I knew I wanted to use the piece on the patio, but having just moved in, I didn't have a design plan for the patio...the green just appealed to me...so there you go...like $58.00 later (with shipping) I received this dinky can of paint in the mail.  I have to admit, as soon as I started to paint, I fell in love!  This paint is SO easy to use, and it coats really well.  It had me at hello - when I didn't have to prime or prep!!! L-O-V-E

So here is the before:
It was literally a changing table from a high end boutique that recently closed.  I was lucky enough to live 3 houses down from a garage sale where this beauty was being offered for $30.00


I don't know if you can see them, but the drawer pulls are vintage door knobs that are sort of an egg shape...super cute!
This picture is pre-wax...I didn't think to order wax when I bought the paint, but realized that it would be important to have the paint sealed if I planned use it as a bar/serving piece.  I had some wax on hand from when we had our custom dining room table made, so I thought what the heck, it might work...and it did.  In fact, it did a really good job!
I used the piece for the first time this last weekend at my husband's 40th birthday party! 
I LOVE IT!


P.S. I loved the paint so much that I went to a local boutique to see if they would look in to being a stockist!  Fingers are crossed!!! At least that would cut out the shipping cost!

9 comments:

HammBone said...

loves it! I would have NEVER thought of that.

Harps and Ollie's Mom said...

Thanks Amy! I wasn't sure at first, but it worked out! Sometimes its the power of suggestion...like if Shelley and I go to the flea market, I get way different stuff than if I went by myself. She just sees stuff in a different way! I love it!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is adorable! What a great idea to change its purpose.

Colleen said...

I love this color. It creates such a pop! And your imagination to change this into a drink station is fab! Great job!

Spittin-Toad said...

What a great idea...LOVE IT!
denise

Deana said...

totally cute! I love the color!!

Kim said...

You have a fabulous blog!!! I'm so happy to have found it. I love your style girl. Hope you pop over for a visit sometime!
xoxo,
Kim

Suzanne said...

I have been wanting a bar like that for our patio for YEARS. I am totally going to be on the look out for a changing table to convert - great idea!

What's the story with the chalk paint? I'm going to need to learn more about it.

Meg said...

Oooh, what a great table you created! That green is awesome--I'm seeing it everywhere on blogland! I want to try the chalk paint so bad, but I don't have a project that's worth the cost yet! Finding the right time...wish me luck!

Blogging tips