Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Good Friend & A Collage Wall

So, I have this amazingly talented friend, Shelley...you may know her from her blog Crazy Wonderful, who came over on a number of occassions (taking time away from her projects) to help me make a massive slipcover for a $30 sofa I purchased at an estate sale. (More on the sofa later.)  Anywho, while she was at my house one day, she tripped over noticed all of my stacks of framed photos that were laying all over the place.  She suggested we do a collage wall and I threw my arms around her and jumped for joy said that I would love to have her help.  I don't know about any of you, but I knew where my stuff went at my old house, I put in place, and virtually never moved it.  I'm not one of those people who move stuff around the house on a whim, although I kinda like the idea and may try it more in this house...we'll see.  I have been struggling with where to put stuff, so this was a golden opportunity.

So you can see that we just started laying the frames and miscellaneous items out on the floor, moving and fixing and seeing what looked right.




It's fun to see pictures of my girls as babies, me and T from our honeymoon mixed in with some of Harper's artwork, monogrammed silver platters and monograms...It turned out so cute!  I needed some inspiration and Shelley is never afraid to dive in! 

That's a good friend!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

You are so sweet Katherine! I love, love, love how this turned out and totally want to do this in my house now. Now get out there and link up your fab wall :D

Denise at PinkPostcard. said...

That is a great friend! :) your wall turned out great. Thanks for sharing at Transformations and Treasures!

roofer fort worth tx said...

The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need!

Blogging tips