Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween is Coming...

For those of you that don't know me...I LOVE HALLOWEEN! 
We've had an annual costume party for the past 5 years, excluding 2010 because we were moving. 
I love to dress up, and I love to see what other people dress up as. 
Funny thing about costume parties is that every year people say to me
"I'll come, but I'm not going to dress up...",
I respect that, but think to myself "you're going to feel left out and next year you'll dress up" and you know what it always happens.  In 2009, every guest was dressed in a costume! I call that victory!  


Make a cauldron with tissue paper and Christmas lights.  Put drinks in it?
Pinterest
I love to cook and make fun hors d'oeuvres and decorate my house in scary dramatic decorations.

halloween
Pinterest
Pinterest
Meatloaf zombie hand!
Pinterest

 
Shrunken Heads in Cider.      
Pinterest


   I'm trying to convince my other half that we need to continue the tradition, because while I LOVE to entertain, he HATES it...so there is always some issues around having any type of gathering. 
Not to mention that I usually spend too much money and try to do too much to the house before the party, which he says throws me in to "pre-event mode".  When people ask how it's going the day or week before the party, he'll say in a not amusing tone... "Katherine is totally pre-event".  And to use a qualifier that he can't stand, "I come by it honestly"...and I say that because my mom is totatlly the same way!

the witch is in (LOVE)
Pinterest

Pinterest
While, I've assured him that I won't get out of hand this year, that I will enlist friends to bring hors d'oevres etc., I don't know that he's convinced yet....so we'll see the jury is still out.

@Jen M, for Charlie's b-day?
Pinterest
 I'll let you know what he decides...but please know, you're invited too!  The more the merrier scarier!!

(How did I ever have a party before Pinterest...SO many great ideas!!)




1 comment:

Patricia Torres said...

ha ha.. so super fab!! totally love the ideas you've shared.. Awesome!! awesome!! I like Halloween too...

My daughters.. 6 and 8.. make Halloween really pretty.. with orange and black.. kind of defies the purpose.. but they seem to enjoy it.. ;-) I'll be having a spooks and sparkles party on Wed.. for the whole month.. I'll look forward to you joining in.. with this post.. :-)

Blogging tips