Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Questions & Answers x 11

I've been tagged in a game by Amy from Green Eggs and Hamm, and thought it would be fun to join in.

Eleven is the magic number here.  Answer eleven questions, tag eleven other bloggers (or ask everyone to play), and come up with eleven different questions to ask them.

My 11 questions:

1.)  If $10,000 fell from the sky and landed on your porch...what is the first thing you would do?
money money money
Freak the F out and buy new counters for my kitchen, along with a new dishwasher, cooktop and range hood...or be really practical and pay off a credit card like I should.

2.)  You could live anywhere in the world...where would it be?
Union Jack British Flag Girl
I love the good old USof A and love the land that we live in, but if I could live anywhere...I might have to say London or somewhere in England.  I am by no means a world traveler...I've only ever been to England, Ireland, Mexico and Canada, and am not sure Mexico and Canada even count as far as foreign travel and domestically to various US cities and states... I guess you would say I'm an Anglophile (sp?)...I love everything British and love, love, love it over there...

3.)  You get to pick one skill you can suddenly be a master in...what would that skill be? 
Carpenter
Master carpenter/buider?!  I am so jealous of the people that can look at a piece of furniture and think, "no problem, I could make that..."  I would like to think that given the chance and the tools I could do something cool, but I don't see myself being a Master at it, too much math... or Mothering.

4.)  Dream job?  What is it?
..
Hmmm... I would love to own an antique shop that carried awesome vintage furniture and housewares that are reasonably priced enough that anyone could shop there and would WANT to shop there, and it would have a little cafe with the most delicious homemade food (did I mention that I love to cook) and desserts, and could serve alcohol at night and people would love coming and would want to hang out there - oh and it would make enough money to sustain our family.  Being my own boss would be the best part, because I would never miss a kids program and could always be there to volunteer in their classes.

5.)  City or Country?  and why.
.
I like the idea of going to the country on weekends or for relaxation, but I think I'm a city girl.  I like clothes and shopping and being around people too much to live in the country all of the time.

6.)  What is your perfect day?
Pool party :)
This shouldn't be hard right?!  I think my perfect day would consist of a hot (but not scorching) sunny day, hanging by the pool with my family, watching the kids play and swim and having good friends over to cook and hang out.

7.)  Favorite meal or snack.
favorite cheetos
Yes.  Unfortunately I love to cook and love to eat, so it's hard to narrow it down. 
Meal: Homemade Mac & Cheese or Chicken & Dumplings
Snack: Puffed Cheetos

8.)  You have a chance to get together with your favorite blogger. 
Who would it be, and what would you plan to do. 

I don't know that I have a favorite blogger, there are so many talented, creative women out there who all bring different things to the table.  I love Shelley from Crazy Wonderful, and Amy from Green Eggs and Hamm, and Roeshel from DIYShowoff, and Mama Laughlin from Mama Lauglin, along with a myriad of other favorites...Come over and hang out at the pool, I'll make you a margarita.

 I think we could all be great friends!

9.)  You can get any haircut/haircolor...no matter how drastic...and you can have your old hair back in a week.  What would you do?
red!
I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to my hair...right now it's really short, but I've had it really long too. 
 I figure it's just hair and will grow back!  If I were to change it, I would probably die it a really vibrant red (almost cartoonish), I have always loved that look...kind of glam punk!
 
10.)  Where do live and what do you love about your city.
wichita, ks
Wichita, KS
It's funny, I spent my entire youth planning to live elsewhere, but except for a year I spent in Mississippi, I've lived in my hometown.  I think for a small midwestern city, we have a lot going for us.  We have the arts, close proximity to larger cosmopolitan cities and a friendly community, which makes it a
great place to raise a family.

11.)  What are you obsessing over now?
Ikat
Everything!  I'm so ADD when it comes to decorating and updating my house.  I can't seem to focus on one room, I jump around a lot.  I can see my tastes changing on a regular basis and am not sure which direction to go.  I am loving the bold modern looks out there, like the chevron patterns and ikat prints, but I also love the vintage loved feeling of furniture too.


Now come play along....whoever wants to.  Link up your post in the comments so I can come read! 
My 11 questions:
1.)  What is one thing you would change about your life if you could change anything?
2.)  What is your perfect vacation?
3.)  What is your favorite food? 
4.) What is your guilty pleasure?
5.)  What is one thing no one (or at least very few) knows about you?
6.)  Which celebrity do you think should be your BFF?
7.) What is one thing you hate?
8.)  If you could meet anyone, who would it be and what would you do together? 
9.) If you could change one thing about your personality or body, what would it be and why? 
10.)  Where do live and what do you love about your city?
11.)  What are you obsessing over now?


Happy Tuesday!



Pin It

2 comments:

Amy said...

So dang fun. I could see you in the UK. Totally. And it sounds like we have the same dream job vision. I swear some day we will do it. Our kids may be in college...but some day we will live that dream! Ok, now go dye your hair. I love that color!

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

I heard you say you were making margaritas?! I'm there!

Blogging tips