Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!

It's been busy around my house lately.  I've actually got a lot to share, but today I just wanted to show off my Easter blessings...my babies...and my hubs.

Dad helped with the Easter egg dyeing yesterday, while I made two breakfast casseroles for
church this morning.



I found a blog recently that is A-Maaz-ing...as Penny from Happy Endings (one of my new favorite shows) would say.  It's called Sewing In No Man's Land.  Kelly is quite the world traveler, being the wife of a foreign services officer.  She has mad sewing and photography skills.  I'm a beginner sewer (technical term), but decided to take on Kelly's Fitzgerald In Lace dress.

While my dresses don't look exactly like Kelly's beautiful dress, I thought they turned out really cute.  It took me about 8 hours (two Friday nights and a few beers) to make both , with the help of a friend who actually knows how to sew.  We had to tweak the collars, because when I cut them out with the pattern I didn't allow for seams...so I made three different sets of collars...  I was a little scared to sew on the collars, so my friend actually sewed them on for me.  I used a really pretty white Swiss Dot for the main dress, and Red Satin for the bows.  The lining was just a thin polycotton.


I have to confess that the girls were not happy about the dresses at all.  Neither one liked that they were white and they complained about the red bow...but being the mother I am, I told them the Easter  Bunny wouldn't come if they didn't wear them...H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E
I know!!!


I think they look pretty cute, but that's just me!!!
(The dresses look really short in this picture, but they are just above the knee.
Just the angle of the picture, I guess, nor does it do the girls justice!  Much cuter in person!!)

I also made them the sock bunnies from Lil Blue Boo's tutorial.
(Mine look a little scary, but the girls liked them!)
Ashley from Lil Blue Boo has an amazing blog, and an amazing story, go check her out!!



I hope you have a blessed Easter!!

Pin It                                        I'm fond of followers!!

I'm linking up:

7 comments:

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Seriously cute. It bring back memories, I had two sister and MOM made our cloths and dressed us all a like. I love my Momma dresses. Your girls look adorable in them. Priding is always a good thing! Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

They turned out adorable! And, if you hadn't said anything I totally would have thought they loved the dresses judging by the photo of them, ha! Sock bunnies are super cute too :)

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

Matching Easter dresses-nothing's cuter.

Hani@Craftionary said...

So cute! Love the sisters pic.. I hope you had a wonderful Easter.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party..

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Cute! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Dorothy said...

Sweet little Easter dresses and girls!!

Patricia Torres said...

The Easter dresses are simply gorgeous.. I hope you have a lovely celebration... Thanks for linking up.. Totally makes my day!! ;-)

Blogging tips