Friday, April 20, 2012

Harper's Room - Before & After

OK, so I told you about replacing the carpet in our upper level here.  Harper's room perplexes me a little bit.  She has a curved wall in her room, so it looks mostly blank...
I'm still not sure what to put on that wall...

Before:

See the curved wall to the right... this picture doesn't show it very well.

During:

  The old nasty carpet is piled up in the middle of the room.

After/In Progress:

Harper's furniture: the bed, nightstand and dresser were my Grandmother's.  When my Grandmother passed away. I was 19 and would soon move into my first apartment...so I was the lucky (if you can call it that) recipient of the furniture.  I am a very sentimental person so I love having a piece of my Grandmother in my house.


Harper's bedding is all from TJ Maxx.



Notice Harper doesn't have a closet door, it's been sitting in the basement waiting to be painted for over a year.  I need to get on that!

I got the letters for Harper's name above at Ballard and the curtains are from Bed, Bath & Beyond.


What do you think?  Do the walls look too much like Pepto?  It's pretty bright...

Pin It
Show me some love - leave me a comment and become a follower...pretty please!

I'm linking up:

14 comments:

pam said...

I had that color in a bathroom years ago. Love it! Room is looking great:)

Amy said...

So cute. My kitchen was that color. Yes, I painted my kitchen pink...and red. Now it's boring and white. So of course, I love it...and I'm sure Harper does too. Kinda makes me sad that they are old enough for such big girl rooms!

Highland Monkey's said...

I bet Harper loves the new room. Wish I had a pink bedroom when I was younger!

Patricia Torres said...

Oh lovely.. i love the alphabets on the wall.. Looks impressive!!

Sweet Pratima said...

Very Nice Blog... Follow My Blog....


prom dresses UK

short dresses 2012

shrugs for dresses

dreamsofhome said...

I love what you have done with the room, it's lovely. I especially love the bed linen, I would like that for myself! Xx

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Love it all! We are hoping to redo our girls' room in the near future. This post gave me a lot of ideas. :) Where did you get her blanket from?

Erin @ Invisible Girl said...

Love the bed linens, they're so bright and cheerful. And the dark furniture is a great contrast to all the brightness in the room!

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

I just love that furniture. Even more special that it was your grandmothers :)

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

Wow! Looks great! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

Organize with Sandy said...

Thanks for linking up to my link party!

Jami said...

Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party! Hope you'll come again this week! This month's Pretty Packages party is now up for any of your lovely wrapped gifts!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/04/pretty-packages-party-14-highlights.html
Smiles!
Jami
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Very cute! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Hani@Craftionary said...

I love pink.. This is a fantastic room makeover.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

Blogging tips