Monday, April 16, 2012

Ollie's Room - Before & After

The first thing we did, actually before we moved into this house was to replace the carpet on the second floor.  There was nasty yellow shag carpet in Ollie's room, nasty blue shag carpet in Harper's room and newer nasty peach shag carpet in the master bedroom...and yet another color shag carpet in the hall and spare bedroom. It even crunched under foot as you walked on it.  Both the hubs and Harper suffer from terrible allergies, and Harps has asthma so I knew we needed to rid the upstairs of 45 years of allergens. 

Before:

I found a plush cocoa brown carpet that is SO soft under foot that we laid it throughout the entire second level. I also painted all of the wood trim BM Chantilly White.

During:

 After/In Progress:

The curtains are white with pink polka dots from Pottery Barn Kids.  I actually had them in Ollie's nursery when she was a baby.  The bed was $30.00 at a local flea market, although it was green when I bought it, and you might recognize the nightstand next to the bed from here.




The white matelasse is from TJ Maxx and the floral bedding is from Target. 


Notice above that the mirror is absent.  This is an antique dresser and the mirror was hazy, so it's sitting in the basement waiting for me to get the glass replaced... 
Give me a break, it's on the list! :)


I had all glass knobs from Hobby Lobby, but when I recently made a trip to Anthropologie in KC, I found these knobs on the sale rack, so I picked up two.


It's far from being done, but that's the story of my life! 


What do you think?  Do you like it, do you have suggestions?  Let me know!!

Pin It

Toodles...
Show me some love - leave me a comment and become a follower...pretty please!

I'm linking up:

14 comments:

Patricia Torres said...

oh my gosh.. the transformation is stunning!! Love that little piggy on the cabinet.. Is it a bin? its super cute! Totally love the detailing.. the colourful spread... the pretty painting.. wow!! Gorgeous!!

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

I really like that you moved her bed under the window! Looking good!!!

Amy said...

Love the bedspread...love the painting...jealous that her room is bigger than mine! Super cute. Good job.

Kim said...

Painting the woodwork white shaved 30 years off that room. And the furniture is adorable!

Andrea said...

I love this bed! and the bedroom is erectly girly and chic!

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

So girly and pretty-good job!

Melanie @ bear rabbit bear said...

So glad you linked to Things I've Done Thursday!

Hani@Craftionary said...

aww I love the room.. That orange side table looks awesome with the pink arrangement.. Thanks for linking up at friday fun party.. :)

Anonymous said...

The pig is a humidifier, I think!

Organize with Sandy said...

I bet she loves it! So cute

Ann said...

That's adorable, just a sweet simple lil girl's room. I love the pink walls.

Handbags*N*Pigtails said...

Isnt it amazing what paint can do? Painting the trim changed the whole look of the room! I love the color palette you used too(pink/orange). Her bedding is adorable!

Laura @ cookiecrumbsandsawdust.blogspot said...

So much better. I moved into a house with old carpet too. I'm sure your daughter loves her new space.

I'm visiting from g*rated linky party. I hope that you can stop my blog as well. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

Sherry said...

Love the bright color mixed with the pink! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Blogging tips