Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Things you should know about me if we're gonna be Best Friends Forever!!

First, I have to give credit to Little Miss Momma for this post.  I struggle with ideas for blog posts and she recently posted some ideas for which I am grateful.

best friends

1. I cuss ALOT.  I really think about, and talk about how I should try to stop, especially for my kids sake, but I fail miserably.  I use the F word as a statement, an adjective, a noun and verb.  It tends to be my favorite word.  If you are my friend, you know it's true...I'm afraid you have to take the bad with the good.  My ex sister-in-law once told me that she thought it was charming...so there!!


2. I love to have fun, but tend to be boring.  The hubs and I have decided that we can't go to Vegas, or out of town in general by ourselves...we are too boring. lol  We'd be back in our room by 10:00 p.m. sleeping.  Give me a fun person, or couple and I'm right there with you, I can keep up like the best of them...
I'm just not the party starter... 

3. I love to entertain and have friends over.  My hubs on the other hand doesn't, he would rather it just be us.  I have had to come to terms with the fact that while I love having friends over, other people don't always feel the same way... Does that make sense?  I guess what it comes down to, is that I have people over because I want to not so that they will have us over in return. 


4. I love to shop, and I'm totally an enabler.  If you go shopping with me, I will encourage you to get stuff.  Its fun to see someone else get new stuff...


5. I love to get dressed up!  I dress up everyday for work, but it's not the same. 
I like to get dressed up to go out, like heels (before my toe surgery), and dresses, and makeup and fake eyelashes... I like to feel pretty.  (Don't we all?)


6. I pretty much say what I think, all of the time.


7. I love my kids, but have major insecurity about my ability as a mom. 
I have to preface this by saying that I adore my beautiful girls!! They are independent and strong willed and smart... but they also drive me bat-shit crazy!!  You wait your whole life to hear your child say 'mom', not realizing that one day you just want to yell 'stop saying mom'...when all day long they follow you around saying 'mom', 'mom', 'mom', 'mom'...


Best Friends

8. I try to be a good friend.  I care about what's going on in my friend's lives.  I'm here for my friends when they need me...  It's interesting having friends as adults, we all have so much going on in our lives...it certainly makes it hard to get together, but it shouldn't be hard to stay in touch...being a friend is work,
but I don't mind. 


I don't know how this sounds to other people!?  Reading through the above makes me feel funny...it's weird admitting these things about myself...maybe you won't really want to be my BFF... 


If you're interested, the door is open...come hang by the pool with me and have a margarita (don't look at my chub)...but make sure you're gone by 10:00, cause I have to go to sleep... hahaha!!!

3 comments:

mandywilbert said...

You are a great friend and make me laugh all the time! Great post.

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

Bwah hahaha!!! I love all those things about you and more! And it's ok, I enable you too when it comes to shopping ;)

Amy said...

This is every quality I look for in a friend. We might run into problems with the boring part. I like to say I'm a homebody...it's hard to get me out of the house...but when I do it is on..and someone will pee their pants.

Blogging tips