Sunday, August 26, 2012

What happened to last week?

Hello there...I've been MIA the last week month or so.  
 
Sorry about that, but I've recently changed jobs and have had to travel for training...thus leaving my blog a bit bare and my dining room under contruction. 

We did however, manage to get everyone back in school.
 
Harper:
 
Photo: First Day of 1st Grade http://instagr.am/p/OWUyxgLBmV/
 
Ollie:
 
Photo: First day of pre-K!!
 
...and just as we're settling back in to a school routine, the hubs starts his "travel season".  He travels for his job, and he also travels for the Navy Reserves...so I will be single momming it for about a month.
 
Also, my mom and I will be leaving this week for a major road trip.  We're heading south to Mississippi for a mini family reunion.  Both of my parents are from Mississippi and every summer growing up we  took to the road and went to visit the grandparents and attend a bi-annual (every other year) family reunion with my mom's side of the family.  My mom has a HUGE extended family, so when I say a mini reunion, it will be about 70 people, which is really small compared the the numbers we have now.  Now that all of the kids (my generation) have grown up and started families...so anyway...even though I am a seasoned roadtripper, my children are not.  When we were kids we could sprawl all over the back of the car and not worry about seatbelts and "safety", so I have to admit I am nervous for the 12 hours down and the 12 hours back.
 
Other than portable TVs and massive quantities of movies and snacks...anyone have any suggestions on ways to keep the girls busy? 
 
I would appreciate any suggestions you can give!!!
 
See you when we get back...
 

 

1 comment:

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

Bust out the Benedryl and knock em out :D I kid, I kid.... I don't have any tips. We're going on a road trip soon and I'm planning on the DVD player being my friend. I think I'm going to get her a couple of interactive books she has been bugging me for as well. Other than that, just pray!

Blogging tips