Friday, February 1, 2013

Are you down with Cozi?

My husband and I are calendar challenged.  We both work, so we use our Outlook Calendars to keep track of doctor's appointments, dance lessons, basketball games etc., but it seems like a lot of work to update the home calendar and then the work calendars and I just don't like it.
 
Also, every year my new year's resolution is to get better at meal planning.  If I have meals planned out and I shop accordingly, then we're good.  I don't stress out, I know I have stuff and dinner won't take that long to make.  I know this, yet, I'm not a good at doing this consistently.  I'll sit down and come up with 6 or 7 meals, and shop for the ingredients.  It will work out great for a couple of weeks and then I go to the store willy nilly and get stuff for the boring old meals I always make and I will come home from work and not have a plan.  On these nights, we  end up eating fish sticks and mac & cheese.
 
Not healthy, and not good.
 
So recently I discovered the Cozi App for my iphone. 
 
O.M.G.
 
This app is changing my life...for the better!
  
 
 Pin It
It's a free app that you can sign up for on your phone, and then also use on your computer.

When you sign up, you enter your email address and a family password, which you share with your family...so your husband and your kids can all add to the calendar.  I think this will be so helpful once the kids are older and are into sports, they can add their own games or practices or work schedules and everyone will be able to see it at a glance.


Once I set up the Cozi account, I added a calendar for myself, my husband and both girls, but I also added one for meal planning.  I enter the menu item and cut and paste the recipe into the appointment so when you are making your grocery list, you have it all right there.

 
 
Once I have entered a meal, I can even have it repeat in two months,or two weeks or however often I want...so once I have a full schedule of meals, I'm done.  It will just repeat.  If we get sick of something, I can just go in and add a different recipe. 
There is even a recipe box, where you can store your recipes.
 
One of my favorite features is the Shopping Lists.  I can send my husband to the store and he can just read the list and mark the items off as he goes, and if I remember while he's at the store that I need something else, I can just go add it to the list and it will update on his list too.
 
 
You can set up reminders too, so you will get an email and a text, or just an email or a text. 
 
We just started using this app, but I can already tell that it is going to reduce a lot of my daily stress.
 
 
 Pin It
 
Have you ever used Cozi?  Do you have another app that you use?
 
If you sign up, let me know what you think or if you find any tricks that you can share!
 
I'm begging you...become a follower! Ha!
  


I wasn't paid or perked for this post, I just really like this app and wanted to share!

 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm checking it out just for the meal planning. I'm the worst and so sick of the same things over and over. And resetting it for future meals is genius.

Blogging tips