Thursday, March 7, 2013

Kitchen Inspiration & Choices Made

Well, we've removed the laminate from the counters, and are just starting to tear out the upper bank of cabinets.  We are getting some help to build up the desk, and to extend the counter for a bar.  While I would really like to tackle it, working full time and not having the appropriate tools makes it hard.  I found a handyman that comes highly recommended, and is relatively inexpensive, so having it all done in a day sounds better than us trying and it taking a month! Ha!
 
 Below are a few of my inspiration pictures:
 



Venegas and Company - kitchens - Yoke Pendant with Small Shade, gray, walls, white, shaker, kitchen cabinets, black, granite, counter tops, ebony, kitchen island, white, carrara, marble, countertops, beveled, subway tiles, backsplash, pot filler,
 

 
 


So now, here is what we're doing:
This is the laminate we've chosen:
 Image
It's called Bianca Luna and it is by Formica.
 
 
I am also planning to use white subway tile for the backspash, so I think it will look really nice.
I'm really like the pulls in the above picture, so I may go with those for the cabinets as well.

This is the sink & faucet I've already purchased:
 

Overstock.com

I'm not sure what we will do on the floors yet, because a lot will depend on taking out that wall.  I want the flooring in the family room to flow through the kitchen and back down the back hall, so if we do the flooring now and later take out the wall, we will just have to redo them...so I'm ok waiting until we're ready.  I'm sure this house will be a work in progress for years to come!

What do you think?  I would love your feedback!


3 comments:

Shelley {Crazy Wonderful} said...

Never would have thought those counters were Formica! Love it all. And after seeing the second photo, I'd definitely tell you to go with white for the window.

Amy said...

I'm loving the white marbled countertops too. I cannot wait to see what you do. We're going to have to eventually redo our kitchen too. That sink is great! Take lots of pictures!

Arthur Bryant said...

Beautiful inspirations, Katherine. How’s the progress going? I see you are taking your time to work on the renovation. I could picture what you have in mind, and it looks great. Good luck on the project! Arthur @ ContractorExpress.com

Blogging tips