Tuesday, April 30, 2013

An in-between project...

I bought a 70s style dresser from a garage sale about a year ago. My car wasn't big enough to get it home, so my husband walked over to the garage sale with a dolly and walked it home, which considering he was cussing me the whole way home says something. He couldn't believe I would spend $30 on such a piece of crap, but I had been inspired by a picture I'd seen on Pinterest, and I knew what I was doing...it just took a year to finish it!
 
I was so excited to show you, I didn't even take a picture of the TV on the small little TV stand it had been on.  I also neglected to take a before of this lovely dresser...
 
I took the top two drawers out and made some shelves so that we would have a place for the cable box and thd DVD player.
 

 
I painted it with a coat of Annie Sloan's Paris Grey chalk paint, and then I painted Graphite on top, with a coat of clear wax to finish it off.


I also just painted over the pulls.  The pulls are probably what makes it look super 70s but I kind of like the lines of the them so I just kept them and just painted over them.
 

 
Isn't it funny how while in the midst of a huge project like the kitchen, I pause to finish a project I'd been working on forever? Sometimes you just need a distraction!  Something you can complete is a day or two... I wonder why it took me a year?
 
What do you think?
 
 
 
I hope you will follow along!
 
Follow on Bloglovin

I'll be linking up:
 

Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Through Life
Tuesday To Do at The Blackberry Vine
DIY by Design

2 comments:

Katrina Skaggs said...

I was wondering by using the chalkboard paint first then the other is how u got the distressed look?

Katrina Skaggs said...

Also I don't check this so could u email me at katrinaskaggs1@gmail.com thank u

Blogging tips