Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kitchen - Getting Closer!

Wow, I take a break to work on my kitchen and next thing I know it's been 
6 weeks since my last post. 
 
While, we are not done, we are getting closer, but I figured I needed to pop in and give you a few updates.
 
If you haven't been following along, you can go here to see the before, and here to see the choices we made for the kitchen.
 
Below you can see that we have updated the counters and added the subway tile backsplash (it's not grouted yet):
 
 
That black box on the counter is our Ipod dock, but behind it is the new rough in for the updated intercom system.  Can you say 1965 surround sound?
 
 
That hole is where the updated intercom master will go.
 


We added the mini beverage fridge and absolutely love it.  It was a steal too! 
We found it at Sam's for $149.00.
 


I know it's not much, but at least you can see some progress.
 
Next on the list is to grout the tile backspash, and start prepping the cabinets to be painted.  I have already painted the wainscotting around the eating area, so now I just need to start on the cabinets.
 
I told you it would take me awhile!
 
I hope you are enjoying this beautiful spring day...because it's supposed to be 39 on Tuesday...WTH! We went over to the park and flew kites with the kids! It is absolutely gorgeous today!
 
So, what do you think?

I'm linking up:
C.R.A.F.T.
Keeping It Simple
CraftOManiac Monday at CraftOManiac
The DIY Project Parade at The DIY Showoff
Weekend Wrap Up at Colours Dekor
Pink Hippo Party at Pinkapotamus
Mop It Up Mondays at I Should Be Mopping The Floor
Tuesday To Do at The Blackberry Vine

1 comment:

Cakelaw said...

Your new kitchen looks fabulous!

Blogging tips