Saturday, August 10, 2013

Where in the world?

So, the more time that goes by the harder it is for me to focus and come back to blogging. 
Every year as summer approaches I pull further and further away from the blog.
Why is that?
 
It's not that I don't have a crap ton of projects to do, a ton of stuff to share about the funny things my kids are doing, or just about anything else...I just get busy and time passes and nothing gets blogged about.
 
I have been busy this summer - I've done tons of gardening, painting, project-ing, you know that stuff that makes a house a home...but I've also layed by the pool, drank a few cocktails, and totally forgot to take before pictures of just about everything.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that I was living, and not documenting as I went...although I do have a few pictures to show for it. 
 
If you follow me on Instragram, you are pretty up to date, because it shows some of what I've been up to...Instagram is easy and I always have my phone with me.
 
This upcoming year won't be much better I'm afraid, as I have said YES to all of the following committements:
 
1. Chairman of the Board, Communities In Schools (Non-Profit) -
I've served on this board for 4 years and was totally flattered when I was asked, although I didn't know that the Executive Director was about to retire, so that leads to my next committment.  
 
logo
 
2. Chair of the CIS Executive Director Search Committee (see above)
 
3. Girl Scout Troop Leader -
This will be my second year leading my oldest's Girl Scout Troop.  Thank goodness I have a fabulous co-leader, but no one would step and lead so that's how we got the gig.
 
Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland Names New CEO
 
4. PTO Treasurer -
Please kill me now! Ha! Thankfully the treasuser before me was meticulous and has a great process in place.  I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I said "yes" to this one.
 
5. Soccer Mom -
I know cliche`d, but my oldest just joined a club soccer team.
 
 
6. Swimming Mom -
My youngest wants to be on a swim team, so we signed up for that too.
 
 
7. Dance Mom -
My girls swore they were done, done, done with dance when it ended in May, but my youngest just announced she would like to start again...we'll see, because for some reason these classes are like 4:00 or 4:30 - apparently geared toward the non-working parents...which I am not.
 
OK, not this kind of dance mom!
 
8. Full-Time Employee -
Yeah, I work for a living too.  What the hell am I thinking?
 
I guess this is just my way of saying that I have a VERY BUSY year coming, but I still have a TON of stuff to do to the house and in the house and around the house...so I will try to document all of that too.
 
First, I need to show you all the stuff I've done over the summer.
 
Check back...I'll be here...sometimes!

(OK the hubs read this post and said I sounded like a single parent - so I'm here to tell you I have a fabulous husband that helps out tremendously...but I'm still the one with all of the commitments! Ha!)
 

No comments:

Blogging tips